Spotlight Camera Battery at 58% 48 hours after fully charged

I posted something similar the other day but it’s getting worse. The right one keeps draining really fast. I have the settings that Ring suggest to use less battery, it continues to drain. Any suggestions please?

Hi @Smarquis. What is the RSSI of your device? Sometimes, if the wifi signal is too weak, it will cause the camera to work harder and ultimately drain the battery quicker. Also, if you are experiencing more that 35 events per day, this could also be causing excessive battery drain. If you have a good RSSI (-40), but this is still happening, reach out to our support team to work with you to get this resolved. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Actually I have exatly the same problem. It started about 2 weeks ago. I wonder if an update is the causing this? It’s only happening with my 2 stick up cams and not with my doorbell. What could this be the problem?

Thanks, I have all of the recommended settings to reduce battery usage and I’m still haveing to charge it weekly now. I have a solid wifi system so that isn’t an issue. I’m trying to contact support. If I can’t get this resolved soon I guess I’ll have to change brands.

@Cybered wrote:

Actually I have exatly the same problem. It started about 2 weeks ago. I wonder if an update is the causing this? It’s only happening with my 2 stick up cams and not with my doorbell. What could this be the problem?

have you found a solution? mine is only worse :cry: