spotlight cam

i have a battery spotlight cam but the night vision you cannot see anything ,i have been on ring for advice and i went through the guidelines but i cannot find tap night vision ???

• Open your Ring app.
  • Tap the three lines in the upper left side of the screen.
  • Tap Devices.
  • Select the device you want to adjust.
  • Tap Device Settings.
  • Tap Video Settings.
  • Tap ** Color Night Vision.**
  • Tap the Enable/Disable color night vision to turn the feature on/off.

Hi @cottage99. Color Night Vision is not available on the Spotlight Cam Battery. The night vision on your Camera will trigger whenever there is not sufficient lighting in your Camera’s view, so typically this is only at night or if the device is in a dark area. If there is a bright porch light or another source of light in your Ring’s view at night, this may also cause the night vision not to trigger. I hope that helps clear things up for you! :slight_smile:

Hi there the thing is you cannot see anything as it’s to dark so even though there is a light you still cannot see the person so it seems pointless it’s great in the day but rubbish at night

@cottage99 You may want to try adding some additional outdoor lighting in the Ring’s view. If there is enough light in its view, the night vision will not trigger. If your Ring is angled too close to a wall or another reflective surface, the lights that come on with the night vision may be reflecting off that surface and causing the overall view to be too dark. In that case, you’ll want to angle your Ring away from the wall or whatever surface it is looking at to improve the view. I hope that helps clear things up! :slight_smile: