Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
D
Spotlight Cam Wired
Hi I dont want to plug the cam in so can i remove the plug and hard wire it into a existing outside electrical source? I have one of the security Cams and if i remember right you just wire that in without a plug Please let me know

11-05-2020 07:46:31

Responses (2)

C
It's ridiculous having a plug you can't remove on an camera that's going to be mounted outside. I have 3 outside cameras and I've cut the plug off on all 3 to pass the cable through a hole to inside the garage. I have no doubt it'll invalidate any future warrenty but I had no other choice

11-05-2020 09:26:33

R
Hi. Just read your post and wondered if you resolved this. I have just spoken to ring to be told removing the plug will invalidate my warranty. They sent me a video of how is should install the wired cam plugging into an outside socket meaning an intruder simply has to unplug it to avoid detection. Absolutely crap idea if you ask me unless you core a 60mm hole through your wall and then seal it up. Sending mine back not fit for purpose. It’s an outdoor camera ffs.

08-01-2021 04:41:40

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User