Spotlight Cam Wired v Spotlight Cam Mounted - Read Description Closely!

Bought 4 Wired versions thinking the wire comes out the back and can be put through a wall. Now find out that’s not the case and should have bought the mounted version for another $50 bucks each! Who offers an outside camera that a thief can disable with a pair of pliers - makes no sense for a security company whatsoever. My fault for not digging into something that’s not obvious on the ring Website. Now I have my contractor rewiring my cameras and voiding my warranty. Ring needs to put a NOTE on their website about the difference, there’s enough topics on here to suggest it’s not that obvious.

I look at the product page for the Spotlight Cam Wired, and the photo of the product shows the cable going down from the camera, not back through the base.
What you probably should have gotten was the Floodlight Cam Wired, as it has the wiring as you were looking to have.
All my Spotlight Cams are mounted way too high for any thief without a ladder. Can’t you mount yours higher?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I admitted above that I didn’t look hard enough and my post was more about telling folks not to learn from my mistake. My electrical guys have a solution, it’s just cost me more than the $50 per camera, but again, my problem, not Ring’s.

1 Like