Spotlight Cam Wired seems offline, no live view, but still does record

Hi, i am currently abroad and see that my outdoor spotlight cam is offline (cant go live view), but it seems still to record, because after a couple of min. the recordings show in the timeline and can be looked at? Any idea what the reason could be - or how to fix it? Thx Rudi (A remote reboot function via app would be helpful, but doent seem to exist…)

Hi @schrefru. It’s a bit difficult to troubleshoot any concerns with your Spotlight Cam remotely, as you can’t access the device itself which is needed for most troubleshooting. Have you tried using a different smartphone or tablet to access the Ring App to see if it is showing offline on there as well? If you have a VPN or anything like that, I’d also recommend disabling that as it can impact the connectivity.

I have the same or a very similar issue reported here

where same Ring rep. Caitlyn has responded. Good to know it’s not a local environment issue on my side at least! Let’s hope Ring can identify, fix it and communicate.

Hi @Peer1, thanks for linking your thread here as well so @schrefru can take a look at the response I shared with you over there. Since you both are experiencing similar concerns, my reply applies to both of you in that contacting our support team is the next best step here as it could be a network or firewall related issue. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. :slight_smile:

Same is happening to me. I went out of the country and now 2 of my 3 cameras are showing offline but still recording the time lapse on the timeline. The 2 cameras that are “offline” are both outdoor spotlight cameras. The one that is still working is an indoor camera. One of the spotlight cameras came online for a few minutes and I was able to do a live view. A few minutes later it went “offline” again.

I have tried on several different phones. With and without a VPN

Same here on my Ring Indoor Cam.

Hi my wired spotlight cam will not go into live mode. I have three other cam with no issues

I have the similar situation here. I have 10 cameras and they all work fine until yesterday the dashboard of ring app keeping tell me that my Floodlight Camera is offline. I can’t go live with it. However, it can be triggered by motion because I can still receive the rich notification when someone go pass before it. If it is triggered, the dashboard will report the camera is back online for just about 1-2 mins and then it will shows that the cam is offline again! But I can still see the video clips on the timeline. So I am pretty sure the camera’s wifi and Internet is ok because 1. I can receive the notification and 2. it still uploads the videos to ring server. The thing is the ring app dashboard keeps telling me the camera goes offline and I can’t go live!

1 Like

Yep, same issue: Multiple devices not connecting, no live view

1 Like

Hi neighbors! Thank you for calling this concern out. We’re sorry to hear that you’re experiencing difficulties with your Ring devices reporting as offline. I looked into this matter and rest assured that the appropriate team is investigating and working to resolve this as soon as possible. You can always reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here as well for any additional questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience as our team works on this! :slight_smile:

Has there been any resolution on this issue? It just started happening to one of my 7 cameras as well.

Hi neighbors! Thank you for your patience in this matter. I checked with my team and it looks like this issue with devices falsely reporting as offline has been resolved. To fix this, please reconnect your Ring device to wifi by following the steps in our Help Center Article here. Going through the setup process will have you put your device into setup mode and once it is reconnected, you should no longer have this concern.

If this concern does persist after reconnecting your Ring device to wifi, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Also having this problem with a recently (< 60 days) installed floodlight camera, also recording snapshots, etc. but still reporting offline. So clearly the camera is connected to WiFi and transmitting data through the network. The whole point of these products is to allow remote monitoring and notification. If we’re out of town or the country, how is reconnecting to WiFi a solution? That requires a local presence. Your team has apparently NOT solved the problem. Is there any insight to the root cause of this problem?

1 Like