Spotlight cam wired Plus

I have had my Spotlight Cam Wired Plus for a little while now. The video quality has always been a bit iffy and definitely not 1080P when viewed on a PC, tablet or phone (the video quaity is really grainy and you can barely read a number plate of a car at the end of my drive way which is only about 5-6 away, so essentially useless for genuine security useage)

Doing some research into video quality issues etc. I looked into device settings and saw my RSSI number at -90. So i order a wifi extender and connected my Ring camera to that and now the RSSI number is -30 which I am lead to believe is classed as excellent and should result in good video and audio quality. However the video quality is still terrible. Does anyone know if this can be fixed somehow or is the camera quality just this poor? At the moment it’s basically just a glorified spotlight.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @AdamD. That was an excellent step to take with adding a wifi extender when your Camera has a bad RSSI. If you are still having issues with poor video quality, try the following steps:

• Reboot your Camera using the Ring app

• Reboot your router and wifi extender by unplugging them for a few seconds and then plugging them back in.

We also have this Help Center article with other steps to try. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.