Spotlight Cam Solar Panel Not Charging

Live in Phoenix, so sunlight is not the problem.
Had eight months with the motion settings and never had to change the battery because the solar panel worked.
Now batteries won’t hold a charge even though the device health says “Ring solar accessory is connected and able to charge this device”.
Unplugged the panel, changed batteries, checked for debris and still does not work.
Panel is not even a year old.
Any solutions?

Hi @user21802. If your Solar Panel is no longer trickle charging your Spotlight Cam, you can also try these steps:

If you have tried these other steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Same issue. Spotlight cam with battery and solar panel. 2 years with no battery issue. Multiple missed motion recordings daily was the only complaint until about 2 weeks ago. Although everything was hooked up and connected, zero changes were made to the settings, randomly the battery just died. We had a second battery that was never used because it wasn’t needed. I switched the batteries and everything was fine for about 3-4 days. Now, my cam is offline because the new battery is dead. I have done EVERYTHING suggested by RING to fix the problem……twice. But, it would appear the solution is more complicated than the company is willing to admit. With so many paying customers complaining about the same exact problem, you would think there would have been some attempt made by the company to make it right.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.