Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U
Spotlight Cam Pro wired video blurry, low resolution, pixelated
hardwired-security-cameras
negative-feedback

I have 8 Ring cameras, all work great except the Spotlight Cam Pro wired. The camera is very low resolution and pixelates particularly at night. Pop sounds when first viewed and sometimes 3 seconds of splash colors before image resolves. I have had multiple conversations with the elevated “NSE” department and now have installed the 3rd replacement Spotlight Pro camera - no change. It worked perfectly for many months until approximately Feb 2024 when it began failing. Not my WIFI - upgraded a new TP-Link extender nearby. Tested temporarily with a Ring Stickup battery cam nearby outside and that was perfect high definition. Rebooted everything multiple times, dozens of speed tests next to camera - all acceptable rates. Changed frequencies 2.4 and 5 GHz many times.

It is my belief that early 2024 there may have been a firmware update that caused this change. I have multiple saved videos to prove it worked fine before Feb 2024 but now is barely functional.

Ring Neighbor Solution Experts (“NSE”) support personnel have tried hard to solve this but in the end, either say that it is my network or just send me another replacement camera. Frustrating for them and for me. If I cannot find a solution to bring this back to high definition, I will be forced to replace it with a functional Ring Floodlight Pro camera. Help from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

One interesting note: after NSE erased, then reloaded the firmware remotely, the camera recorded beautifully in high def for about 5 minutes then went back to pixelated, blurry videos. Same thing after I installed the 3rd replacement camera - lasted just maybe 5 minutes. Have those videos also saved for proof.

24-05-2024 07:31:26

Responses (0)

No Responses Found

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

D

Danielhrch

User
Solutions