Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
B
Spotlight Cam Pro Wired battery question
hardwired-security-cameras
troubleshooting
I’m a bit confused. I have two outdoor wired pro spotlight cams. The ring app is telling me to put two batteries in them, so I’m assuming they are used as a backup for when the power goes out. If this is not the case, please update the app to not suggest that batteries be installed. Also, since it is a wired camera, if batteries are installed, will they be charged while in the camera and it has power from the power supply?

20-09-2023 08:51:39

Responses (3)

C
Hi @BMWPhil. The[ Spotlight Cam Pro Wired](https://ring.com/products/spotlight-cam-pro-wired) is the Spotlight Cam Pro Battery with the Hardwired Kit and mount. You'll still want to charge and install the included Quick Release Battery Pack, but the main source of power will be through the Hardwired Kit. The Quick Release Battery Pack acts as a backup power source in case the Spotlight Cam Pro loses power but still has a wifi connection. The battery pack will also be trickle charged via the hardwiring to help keep it topped off in the instance it needs to be used as a backup power option. I hope this helps answer your questions.

21-09-2023 10:38:23

U
Thanks, I've only just had mine installed by an electrician and it states that the wi-fi signal is weak so not showing anything at all, I have an additional node upstairs in the property. I have a ring doorbell and a Ring chime pro plugged in upstairs with no issue connecting to the wi-fi at all.

09-11-2023 03:14:40

U
When hardwired, should the camera operate without a battery? Mine will not come on unless there is also a battery in the camera. Is that how it's supposed to be? The power mode is set to wired, not battery.

07-12-2023 05:21:48

J
Hi @uscpsycho. The Spotlight Cam Pro Wired should work without the battery in it since it is hardwired. If yours is not, please verify you have installed the Hardwired Kit it came with correctly using this Help Center [article](https://support.help.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/12276448415252). If you have done this and are still having the same concern, give our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372) a call for further assistance.

08-12-2023 04:36:07

L

Hi.
Can I get a wired Ring Spotlight Cam Plus Plug-In, and not connect it to power (dont have power where I need it) and use batteries on it and get full use of it?

Is the cameras basally the same, one just comes with battery and one with a plug?

21-12-2023 03:07:42

T

Hi @linnjones. Yes, the Spotlight Cam Plus is essentially just a battery powered device, that can use a plug-in adapter.

22-12-2023 06:30:26

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

21-01-2024 06:31:13

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User