Spotlight Cam PRO (Wired) and External Light

I have just invested in 5 new Spolight Cam Pros, wired. Having used the previous model for the past 3 years at my business, and I’ve now decided to put up cameras at my house as a home security feature.

I wanted to use existing large LED Spotlights, I already have at the house, with in built PIRs, but connect them upto the new cameras so I could use the ring camera to trigger the external spotlights and give significantly more light to the recording than the cameras own spotlights. This feature was there on the old models.

I can’t see, with the new wired base, any wiring that allows it to send signal/power to external lights. After a less than fruitful call with technical support, It appears that this feature has not carried forward to the new model camera.

Has anyone else come across this issue, and found a way around it ? Do I need to order a different camera version ? or different base ? Or is what I’m looking for no longer available as an option on these Pro cameras (which if that’s the case, Ring you’ve dropped the ball on this !)

Any help would be much appreciated…

thanks, Mark

Hi @mcjmcm. Our support team is correct; none of the newer models of Spotlight Cams have this ability. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you made in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors who come to this thread can easily find your feature!

We do have Ring Smart Lights that you can look into. These can be linked to Doorbells or Cameras to turn on if any of the other devices detect motion.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.