Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
E
Spotlight cam pro Battery Wired Mode solar panel
device-settings
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
Have several Spotlight Cam Pro the 2022 realeased ones, added 2 batteries to each Cam and a Super solar Panel for Battery recharging. 2 of these cameras Now when I open the app say switch to battery mode or wired mode Before i can access any camera!!! These are Not powered by a wall outlet It says Stay In Battery when Charging with Solar panel, So why do i get this pop ups saying to switch to Wired MODE? ![Screenshot_20230629_143350_Ring|233x500](upload://x3Pud0ZqU234IwNpNLMx8Jo9VuL.jpeg)

29-06-2023 07:34:07

Responses (3)

C
Hi @EcoDieselDave. Does this pop-up each time you open the Ring app, or only when you're navigating to the Power Mode settings? You should be able to set each Camera to Battery Mode under Device Settings > General Settings > Power Mode. Make sure your Ring app is updated to the latest version as well, which will ensure all features are working correctly.

30-06-2023 06:49:21

E
Pops up when I open ring app randomly, battery setting was selected when setup same as all other Cams I setup. Think I have 14 cams on this Property. I think i randomly get a push Notification as well to open the Ring app Side question the 2023 Stick Up Cam PRO PLUG in, can you use the Pan Tilt Mount that slides into the Battery slot? If NO will you be releasing a Pan Tilt stand power source? Should make one that attaches to your Ring Battery or has Ring Battery Built in so the Camera always operates even with power loss, having the battery backup. Thanks Caitlyn

27-11-2023 02:36:28

U
I have this same issue. The battery isnt charging either. I am in battery mode whilst connected to a solarpanel but the app says I am connected to mains and wont charge batteries.

09-11-2023 12:03:24

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

27-12-2023 02:36:38

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User