Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U
Spotlight Cam Plus stops working after software update
cs-support
wireless-security-cameras
I've had 3 brand new Spotlight Camp Plus (Battery) cameras fail to work after the software update installed after the device setup. They stop connecting to the wireless network, and any attempt to change the wireless network (from Device Health->Change Network...) doesn't work. I can factory reset (holding the top button for 20 seconds) and go through the setup process fine. It connects to the WiFi, installs the update....and then stops working. I've done this multiple times. I've also done all the usual stuff with router reboots. It appears the latest software update breaks the radio. Ring tech support won't submit a ticket about that because they said they've never heard of it happening.

20-08-2023 01:56:30

Responses (3)

J
Hi @user55439. In the Community, other neighbors, me, or other members of my team can offer basic troubleshooting steps for certain concerns. Since you have done the basic troubleshooting steps and are still having the same concern, the next best step is to continue working with our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406#store-opening-hours). Since this is an ongoing concern for you, you can ask to work with our advanced technical team to further investigate.

21-08-2023 08:25:06

U
Same exact issue with my spotlight cam plus (wired)

04-12-2023 05:15:06

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

03-01-2024 05:15:21

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User