Spotlight Cam Plus Battery - IR filter issue

I have had a Spotlight Cam Plus Battery for about a week. In the last couple of days the IR filter/night vision seems to not be working properly. When I go into the app and the cameras take a snapshot at night, the Spotlight cam is dark. It remains dark if I go into Live View. Then if I exit and go into Live View again, the IR filter seems to then be on.

There is also a delay in the IR filter coming on if it detects motion, sometimes it doesn’t come on at all, sometimes it takes 30 seconds.

I have tried:

Rebooting multiple times
Re-connecting to WiFi
Removing the batteries
Tapping the cam
Shining a light into it
Toggling on/off Colour Night Vision

The above seems to solve it for 10 minutes or so then it reverts back. WiFi strength is showing as green. Any ideas what it could be/what to try, or is it likely to need replacing?

Hi @maurice28. You also want to check for environmental factors that could affect your Cameras night vision, such as exterior lights. If that checks out, try factory resetting your Cameras by pressing and holding the setup button for 20–25 seconds and then reconnecting it to wifi since the reset will have it fall offline. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.