Spotlight Cam pause announcement

I have a spotlight battery cam linked to Alexa. When I have guests over I want to turn off motion/person detection notifications. Can this be done with an Alexa routine or voice command? Currently I have to manually go into the ring app and switch from home to disarm. The problem is I forget to switch it back to home when they leave?

Hi @teba. At this time, you cannot use Alexa to change the mode on your Cameras. You can only use Alexa to change modes on your Ring Alarm system, as outlined in our Help Center Article here. With your Cameras, you will need to manually swap the mode in the Ring App. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile:

Is the Feature Request board monitored by staff? I see a lot of comments from customers but did not come across any replies from staff in any of the topics I looked at…
By saff replies I am referring to replies common to other forums such as if features are being considered, in progress, or will not be available for xyz reasons

@teba We created the Feature Request board so that feedback and suggestions can be reviewed by the appropriate teams more easily, but we will not necessarily respond to each post. The best place to keep an eye out for new features will be our News and Announcements board, as we’ll post information there once it is available to us. I hope this helps clear things up. :slight_smile: