I have 2 Ring spotlights. One no longer will connect to my WiFi. It says my battery is dead but the same batteries work fine in my other Spotlight Cam. Any suggestions?
Hey @Daneiter. At this time, if your Spotlight Camera will not reconnect, complete a setup, or show that there are full batteries in the device, please attempt the following:
- Ensure both of your batteries are fully charged (if you have two), or has been charging for several hours.
- Ensure there is no debris in the battery hatch and that the hatch is closed.
- Press the setup button on the Cam and complete the setup in the Ring app.
- If lights flash and setup is not completing in the app, please remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device, disable VPN, and have your wifi router close to your Camera.
- If lights do not indicate setup mode on the Spotlight Cam, or setup is not completing, perform a reset on the Camera by holding the setup button for 20 seconds.
If the above steps do not result in successful setup or operation,please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.