spotlight cam mount: can the motion schedule control the light?

I have just installed a spotlight cam mount. I have created a motion schedule to prevent motion alerts for a portion of the day and night, which works fine. But the light turns for any motion at night. Can the motion schedule effect the light, too? I don’t want the light to turn on when motion alerts are off due to the motion schedule.

Thanks!

Good question, @FordBoy33! The Spotlight Camera lights are controlled via separate motion controls in the Ring app. While your advanced motion detection can be fine tuned for notifications or events to record, or not to, the lights have mostly an on an off operation. In the Ring app, from the Spotlight Camera device page, there are Device Settings which will allow you to alter the Light Motion zones, as well as the duration they will stay on for after motion is detected. Minimizing these zones will help to prevent the lights coming on too often. Keep in mind, due to the large field of detection of your Spotlight Camera lights, there may be objects or events that can still set off these lights. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi Marley,

Reviewing posts for my only frustration with the battery spotlight camera…unlike the floodlight camera that I also have it appears that I cannot adjust the light zone or duration (not sure if region specific, I’m in the UK) for the spotlight camera unlike your comments above. The light only stays on for 30secs when initially triggered and then a frustratingly long delay before it comes on again if at all.

Is this option available on the battery spotlight camera and if not can it be provided in any future software upgrades?

Hi @Silvadadi. Happy to step in for Marley here. The Spotlight Cam Battery has a limited duration for the lights to preserve battery life. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!