First it was a love story: I bought a doorbell 3 for my house . Flawless experience: easy to install, plug and play, nice user experience app, great quality of video. Great job.
Then I decided to buy a real camera to replace the fake one I had in my backyard. I selected the spotlight cam battery + solar panel. Then it started.
I spent the last three weeks to test every possible thing to make the live stream work. But it doesn’t . The cam is detected, device status is ok, moves are detected, lights switch on but it only records black image videos. Moreover, I have never been able to connect to live stream.
Here are the checks I have done:
- uninstall/reinstall several times - remove the device from the app
- several wifi setups tried - even next to the router: RSSI signal strength doesn’t seem to be the cause
- tried several different places
- with or without connecting to the solar panel
- selecting "spotlight cam " instead “spotlight cam + solar panel” at the setup to see if it changes something: nope
- waiting for automatic updates to see whether it fixes the things: nope
I’m getting crazy.
As Ring France doesn’t deliver in Belgium, I bought it at an online reseller.
What should I do? I was really convinced by the whole Ring products suite but now I’m really skeptical.
Do you see anything I could do to to help this get fixed before sending it back?
Thanks and take care!