Spotlight Cam is dead!

I had a battery spotlight cam on a tree in my front yard. I put a few different color brown marks on it for camouflage. Even with 2 batteries it didn’t last long. I put a solar panel on it, but couldn’t find a place that got enough light.

I gave up and decided to put in my side yard. After carefully masking everything, I spray painted it back to white. Now it is dead. Pushing the top button does nothing with two fully charged batteries. I can’t see how the spray paint could have hurt anything, but it worked before and now it is dead, so maybe.

Any suggestion on how I can resuscitate my camera?

Hi @Toller. If the Spotlight Camera is unresponsive, you may need to contact our support team. The spray paint may have interrupted something with the camera, so I would advise to not do that to any other Ring Devices. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.