Spotlight cam fades no no image after update

I updated my ring app and both my spotlight cans that were working perfectly yesterday no longer show images at night with the light on .
The image initially shows the instant the light comes on , but then the image fades to a very dark screen you cannot see anything.

1 Like

@user39615. Is it an older Spotlight Cam or is it the Pro? If it is the pro turn off HDR and see if that helps. Also try turning off colour night vision. Difficult to say without seeing exactly what is happening. It could be your IR cut filter is stuck and isn’t flipping between IR and colour modes. Could you post a picture or short video?

3 Likes

I have the same problem with my first gen spotlight cam. It has been working fine but now since a couple days, when the lights turn on the image turns from clear image to pitch black in seconds.
I noticed a new setting in the app, light sensitivity, when i turn that down the image becomes a bit better but still useless as it is still way to dark. I have tried every possible setting in the app, including turning the color night vision on and off.

I think this problem is related with one of the updates.

1 Like

Have you fixed it? Mine is still the same.

1 Like

Hi @Dutchie. It would be helpful if you could share a picture or a short video of what’s happening. That way we can see what you’re seeing and ensure we’re providing relevant troubleshooting information.

I have the same problem… worked fine until the update… Ironically I was thinking twice about updating. Anybody made any progress?

Hi neighbors. Apart from what is mentioned in the comments, you can also try the following steps for this concern:

If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here to further invistigate. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.