Spotlight cam battery wont activate after battery change

Changes battery in spotlight cam. Shows online. Great WiFi signal. App recognizes it as online. When I try live view (or to control siren or light) says system activating then times out

1 Like

Hey @Pmv. Your Spotlight Cam may have needed some time with the fresh batteries to boot up, but are you still having this Live View concern today? If you are, please reset the device by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds. After this reset, go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Spotlight Cam > Device Health > and tap on Reconnect or Change Wifi Network. From here, it will take you through another setup of the device, and once re-set up, give the device a few minutes to finish installing the firmware again.

After a few minutes, trigger the Live View and let me know how this goes! In addition, you can try the Rapid Ring app to try to load the Live View faster, as well as using only mobile data and turning off your wifi (or vice versa depending on if you were on mobile data only before). Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I have the same issue every time I change my battery. It’s frustrating. And when I follow the steps to reset Wi-Fi, nothing happens. I’m about ready to take a hammer to my Spotlight Pro Cam. It should not be this hard to change the batteries

Hi @PhamHall. We’d love to assist you with this, but we’ll need a bit more information. What is the RSSI for this device? Are you connected to a 2.4 GHz network? What type of phone do you have, what OS version is installed, and what Ring app version is installed? Can you use the Live View on a laptop using Ring.com? Thanks for this information.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.