Spotlight Cam Battery stuck after "updating"

I have a new camera and when I go through the setup process, it’s all good until it says to hang on while the camera updates. Then I get nothing…just the flashing blue light. I’ve repeated the install several times, and after doing the reset process went through setup again. Same response each time. Battery fully charged.

Hi @tjackson which device is this happening on? Have you been able to complete a set up yet?

It is with the black Ring spotlight cam, battery. I had another one (same type) that set up no problem). As of yet, I’ve not been able to complete setup, it gets to “updating software” blue flashing light and doesn’t do anything else. I have let it sit for over 45 minutes and it doesn’t change. Very frustrating!

Done everything-factory reset, changed batteries (with another fully charged one), etc.

Hey @tjackson. Chiming in for Jennifer here! It does indeed sound like you have done the extent of what you can with the troubleshooting on your end, and I applaud you for this. At this time, it would be best if you could please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let us know how this goes, as your answer may help other neighbors with this concern! :slight_smile: