Spotlight Cam (Battery) Solar Status Not Connected

The Solar Status is showing as not connected on the phone app while the computer shows only this:

The cable from the solar panel to the camera appears to be physically intact. Since this camera and solar panel are on the East side of our home, the sun is low in the sky this time of year and the skies have been very cloudy in the past weeks, I can see that the battery may not be getting charged very much. Is the “Not Connected” status due to a bad physical connection or is the solar panel electrically “disconnected” by the software if the light level is too low?

Hi @JW38. Given that the Solar Panel is not receiving sufficient direct sunlight based on the time of the year and the cloudy weather, it may not have any stored power left, which can cause it to show as “Not Connected”. You may need to wait until the weather is sunnier and the Solar Panel can receive a few hours of direct sunlight in order for it to reflect as “Connected”. In the meantime, I’d recommend manually charging the battery so your Camera remains online . You can find more information and troubleshooting steps regarding the Solar Panels in this Help Center article. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: