Spotlight Cam (Battery) Night View Gone Dark

The night time image quality on my Spotlight Cam (battery) has suddenly dropped. There IS picture, but it’s very dark and grainy. I have two other identical cameras, mounted at the same location, at the same height. Those two don’t have this same issue. There are no objects or light sources to cause this. The cameras are all 2 years old. What has gone wrong here?

Hi @U27. Can you please share a screenshot of the video quality you’re referring to? It would give me a better idea of what you’re seeing and what the environment looks like so I can provide appropriate troubleshooting tips. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bed side. Live view isn’t as dark as that thumbnail shows but it’s pretty bad compared to the other 2 spotlight cams that are at the same location at the same height, sharing all the same light sources.

I’m basically trying to say, it’s not environment, it’s this unit.

@U27 Thanks for sharing that picture. You can try resetting your Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, set the Camera back up in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. Make sure you adjust your settings to your preference and then monitor the Camera’s behavior.

Should this concern persist, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like