My spotlight cam is less than a year old. I’ve always used a single battery in it and recently inadvertently let the battery deplete in the device. Now the spotlight cam will not recognize a fully charged battery in either slot or batteries in both slots. The red LED light(s) inside are on, not flashing. Is the device dead? It will not start and thus can not reset it. I know this is a known problem. Anybody have a solution?
I have the same issue
Hey neighbors! If your Spotlight Camera will not reconnect, recognize a battery, or complete a setup, please attempt the following:
- Ensure both of your batteries are fully charged (if you have two), or has been charging for several hours.
- Ensure there is no debris in the battery hatch and that the hatch is closed.
- Press the setup button on the Cam and complete the setup in the Ring app.
- If lights flash and setup is not completing in the app, please remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device, disable VPN, and have your wifi router close to your Camera (if possible). You can also see if you can set up the device on another Ring app on another phone you can log into.
- If lights do not indicate setup mode on the Spotlight Cam, or setup is not completing, perform a reset on the Camera by holding the setup button for 20 seconds and try the setup again.
If the above steps do not result in successful setup or operation, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.