Spotlight cam batteries draining so quickly now

I’ve had 5 spotlight cams with batteries for about 10 months. They’ve been working great until about 2-3 weeks ago, when the batteries are now draining incredibly quickly. I’m not having any more events/live views than I’ve had in the past 10 months, but all of a sudden now all of my batteries are now draining completely within a few days to a week. I fully charge them before inserting. It’s not currently cold where I live and my settings are the recommended ones. I am at a loss.

Is this battery drainage occurring with all 5 Spotlight Cameras? This would be unusual if so. Linking Devices can drain your battery if the Cameras are all linked, thus triggering more events per Camera.

WiFi signal is also a factor that can lead to battery drainage, a poor signal can make a device work harder to remain connected. Check out your RSSI in the device health section of the Ring app, to ensure for optimal wifi signal.

There are Quick Release Batteries for sale on Ring.com, in which trying a replacement for one of your Cameras could be a great test in comparison to the others. Two batteries in a Spotlight Camera battery can also help to extend battery life. Feel free to check out other accessories at Ring.com, such as Solar Panels. :slight_smile: