Spotlight cam, back up battery

sorry if this is a duplicate subject but my spotlight cam has two batteries, the right one went dead but the cam did not automatically switch to the left battery. Do I have to set up a specific setting or could something be wrong with the cam. I know the battery works cause I just moved it to the right side and cam is up and running. Any help appreciated.

Hey @dgibsontx. With the Spotlight Cam Battery with two batteries, one battery should be used to about 20%, and then it should start to use the other battery. It’s possible the battery is not fully inserted into the hatch, which could be why this is happening. If your Spotlight Camera will not use the second battery or dies after the first is dead, please attempt the following:

• Ensure both of your batteries are fully charged and have been charged for several hours.
  • Ensure there is no debris in the battery hatch and that the hatch is closed.
  • If the batteries do this again, take them out, charge them in full, perform a reset on the Camera by holding the setup button for 20 seconds and reconnect the device from the Device Health page.

If the above steps do not result in operation, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.