Spotlight battery one slot doesn't work unless other is in plsce

My Spotlight Battery won’t turn on unless I have a battery in the right battery slot. It will not turn on at all with only a battery in the left battery slot. However, once I put a battery in the right battery slot it will recognize the battery on the left slot in the app. Also, when I put the left battery in, the red led inside the battery compartment does not come on. When I add the right battery first, then the left battery after, both red led’s will come on.

This is odd to hear of, @Oversteerdawg. Is it the same result if the one battery is in either the right or left slot? It would be unusual for the Camera to not power up with one battery, as it should be able to. Please check both battery slots for any debris, and ensure the hatch is closed completely. Please also ensure the batteries are fully charged.

If this concern persists, or you notice that the one slot is not using the other battery properly, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.