Spotlight Battery Cam has died

Same issue here. My Ring spotlight cam died after 18 months. I have Protection Plan Plus but now Ring claims that at the time I have upgraded from Basic to plus the spotlight was already out of 2 years warranty and therefore not covered by the plus extended warranty. This is a huge game changer on my loyalty to Ring. They could easily confirm that the cam died 4 months after the plan upgrade. And worst, I have never received a notification that the spotlight cam wasn´t fully covered by the plus plan. It always showed up in dashboard as a covered device.

Hi @Ze_Galo. When you look on your dashboard on Ring.com, the “covered devices” section you see is letting you know that the Ring Protect Plan is applying to your Spotlight Cam. It is not specifically referring to the warranty, it’s referring to the Ring Protect Plan in general and the features it provides. Only our support team can verify the current status of the warranty on any of your Ring devices.

Add another to the list. Owned the device for 15 months but installed it a few months later due to a move. Been in operation for 11 months. Completely dead. Verified both my batteries work by using them in my doorbell cam. No led lights in the battery compartment. Positioned under a coveted porch, not a scuff on the unit. Has barely been touched since install. Ring support is worthless, just tells you to purchase another one. Nobody should be paying that much money for what it sounds like is a year on average product life. I’ll go get a $20 camera online that will hold up better than this junk.

Exact same thing happened to me!!!
Two dead cameras - tried everything.
Will cancel subscription and go elsewhere.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.