Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U
Spot Light Cam Power Issue or Camera issue?
hardwired-security-cameras
cs-support
Hi All, I know this issue has been documented but i cant find any thread with same problem i am having. Spot light camera installed, it has 1 removable battery that came with it and the hardwired kit. Hardwired kit installed and mains power outputting to the usb connector. Camera looks to be working fine and no errors on app. About a week later i get a notification requesting to reconnect mains power, i did nothing and the power seemed to return. Initially thought an odd blip and no cause for concern. All is fine for another 2 or 3 weeks but now it is disconnecting from power daily, there is no issue with main power in my home and i cant believe there is any issue with the install as if there was it would not be outputting power from the first day. When i open app i can see the camera is drawing from the built in battery, and i see an error on the picture of the camera telling me please reconnect power. If i reboot the camera it comes back to life now receiving power and then the battery begins charging again. The fact it begins taking mains power after a reboot would indicate and further prove there is no issue with install or any connections either with the hard wired kit or from the usb to the rear of the camera. Has anyone had this issue, my camera is approx 6 weeks old, did i get a lemon? Thanks for any help.

28-11-2023 12:09:37

Responses (2)

T
Hi @user68712. For this concern, I would suggest reaching out to our support team. They'll be able to run some diagnostic tests on your device and determine what the issue is. Please send us a private message on Facebook @Ring or give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406#callus). If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

29-11-2023 03:34:37

U
@Tom_Ring would you by any chance have a complaints email address for Ring customers.

04-12-2023 11:34:15

J
Hi @user68712. I am happy to chime in. We do not have an email address for you to send a complaint to. Complaints can be handled by our support team.

05-12-2023 07:01:14

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User