Speaker in ring doorbell went bad...?

So I purchased and installed my 2nd gen 2020 model doorbell, everything was fine 2 way was working until a few days ago. Now when i try to speak to someone at my door all they hear is crackling. I took my doorbell off and tried a reset and when it boots up and says whatever it says when it connects its the same thing, crackling/ blown speaker sound. I tried to submit some kind of service request or find out how to get a replacement and it is like jumping thru hoops… I just bought it on Amazon on Prime day, so less then 2 months ago but apparently they only give you 30 days to return/ replace it. I don’t have the time to sit on hold on the phone for something less then 2 months old.

Hi @user22391. A full reset is the troubleshooting step I also would have recommended for the audio concern you’re experiencing. If you have a different smartphone or a tablet, have you tried utilizing the two-way audio on there? This can help confirm if the audio concern is specifically with the Doorbell or if it could be something with the connection between the Doorbell and your phone.

If this crackling sound persists when using the two-way audio on a different smartphone or tablet, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I have just purchased ring doorbell also and having exact same issue!! Done all the steps as above. Fully reset, changed it to 2.4 Ghz, changed it to channel 6 (tried 1 and 11 also but got rssi 36 on channel 6) rebooted it after all these steps. Tried it on both mine and my partners phone but still not changed. Crackling/speaker blown sound. Any more suggestions before I send it back?

Hi @User0715. If you have tried the steps mentioned in this thread and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.