Spare batteries won’t work

I have several cameras and doorbells. When I replace the battery in them with the spare batteries that I purchased, they don’t recognize the battery. When I put the original battery in after it’s charged it works fine. How can I get the spare batteries to work?

Hi @Pj-f4e. After you insert the spare Quick Release Battery, try pressing the Doorbell to trigger a Ring event. After the event is over, the Doorbell should reflect that the new battery is inserted. You can confirm this in the Ring app under the Device Health menu. Let me know if this helps.

I’ve tried this previously and it didn’t work. Perhaps I should push and hold the doorbell button longer.

Hi @Pj-f4e. If you find that after trying these things, the Doorbell is still not responding as you’d expect, I’d suggest reaching out to our support team to take a closer look. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. Let me know how your support call goes if you decide to give them a call.