Sound issues, can speak, can't hear

I have a door view cam, app is installed on android (samsung).
Notifications all work fine, had some tech issues a few weeks back that needed a full reboot, no issues since.
Yesterday someone came to the door and I had to explain to them they needed to leave the package on the doorstep as I was self-isolating. I could see their mouth moving but couldn’t hear anything on my phone. I could hear my own voice coming through the doorbell though.
When I looked at the video after, the sound from both of us was recorded fine, it just wasn’t working during the live view.

TLDR: Live video wasn’t glitchy or buffering, just no sound. Recorded video had perfect sound.

I’m having same issues you can’t hear anything coming from outside at all not even in the recorded videos in my history… and not in the live videos as well all you hear is static like nose

Hi neighbors. Since this audio issue is only present during the Live View and not the recorded video, it is most likely do to a network problem. First, try rebooting your internet router to see if that improves the audio. If it doesn’t you may need to change some settings on your router, as described in this Help Center article here. I hope this helps.

Hello, was this ever solved? I have a very similar issue, and after extensive troubleshooting and multiple different scenarios, I’ve confirmed that it’s definitely not an issue with my modem and router. It seems that no matter if the camera has detected a person, motion only, or someone has rung the doorbell, when I go to Live View from the push notification of this activity directly, I cannot get sound on my phone, and half of my replies back to the person on my porch are full of static. When I’m replaying the Live View recording after the fact in my history section, I can hear both sides of the conversation perfectly, so it’s only an issue that occurs in real time. Also, sometimes I have to tap a combination of different buttons in random order, in order to get sound to come through my phone using the Ring app (also when using live view in real-time). Sometimes it’s as if I’ve muted it, when I haven’t. All of this happens even with my modem being less than 10 feet on either side of my doorbell cam or myself on the app.

Hi there, @Boofaloo! Audio concerns, especially intermittent or live ones in nature, can often be related to wifi signal strength. As you’ve confirmed checking your modem and router already, it is a great step to also check the RSSI in your Ring app. Here’s our Community post for tips on optimizing RSSI.

The next best variable to check is mobile device connection. Please ensure there is not a VPN enabled on your mobile device, and test wifi connection only or cellular data connection only to see if audio is better with either.

Confirming the audio is working fine in your recordings rules out many factors, and narrows the likely cause of this concern to be network, mobile device, or app related. If possible, testing out live view/ audio on another mobile device entirely can sometimes rule out mobile device variables. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I was going to say that I had sound problems also. I had to go to every app in settings and then hit permissions and notifications and made sure I don’t have anything on silent because that was one of my issues. And I missed it. But glad to say I have noise now.