Sorting by dates, no filters?

Guys,

Is there a way to sort by month and then date? I am sitting here and having to go thru over 45 days of videos one page at a time to get to older videos which is quite annoying, and cumbersome. I think t hey had this on the website at one point but its not anywhere here. Something so basic is not here. Or am I mising something?

J

Good question @pewterss! This is possible using the Timeline feature from the dashboard of your Ring app, and is quick to access. Simply select your Ring device’s preview tile on the dashboard in the Ring app, and tap the “Today” button directly under the video viewing area to select your desired date.

If you are instead using the Event History list in the Ring app, there is not a date selection feature but you can sort by event type (motion, live view, etc). I recommend also starring any important events when possible, as this is also a sort by option and will make for easy reviewing there. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hello Marley -

I think Pewterss’ question was with regard to the Ring BROWSER interface, not the Ring app. Many of us sit in front of desktop computers all day working and do not have the luxury of accessing our Ring phone app, which is why Ring discontinuing their desktop app was a boneheaded move, but I digress.

Again, how does one access the Ring Calendar feature via their DESKTOP COMPUTER BROWSER To quickly access footage without scrolling through 120 days of footage to find?

Hi @user40850. At the time this post was made, the Ring app on Ring.com was not developed, so this post was in reference to the Ring app. Nonetheless, if you are logged into Ring.com, you can select the History Tab, then select your device and select Filter. From there, you can filter by date. See the screenshot below for reference.

I hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.