Someone broke the glass trying to steal my Ring Doorbell

Hi everyone,

Someone broke the glass of my doorbell trying, and failing, to steal it. Is this covered by the warranty?

I have the video and I’ve reporter it to the police.

Thank you.

PXL_20210218_194227186|281x500

Sorry to hear about this happening, @zeca_pipocas! When our Ring devices are purchased as new, our limited 1 year warranty comes with it! If it has been less than a year, or if you’ve subscribed to the Protect Plus plan during the original warranty period to extend your warranty, our support team can certainly help further with this.

As for the theft attempt resulting in vandalism, this certainly should fall under our Theft Policy, in which that article and our Warranty page states a police report will be needed for replacement under this policy.

For further assistance with this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.