Some of my window contact sensors’ batteries die in 3 days

I have a Ring Alarm system that is relatively new (<1 year). The Contact Sensors work well except a couple of them where the batteries drain consistently in a few days…over and over. I’ve changed batteries numerous times and the same behavior is apparent. They basically are unusable at this stage. Any advice? They are within 10 feet of the base station and situated on windows. Other contact sensors in the same room have never drained their batteries yet. Strange.

Hi @tourdebruce. Are these Gen 1 or Gen 2 Contact Sensors? You can try to factory reset your Contact Sensors to see if that will help. You can see how to factory reset them here. I would also check to see if they need a firmware update. If you’ve tried these suggestions to no avail, it would be best to contact our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

OK none of those actions helped. These are Gen 2 sensors.

Also, now the alarm keypad is completely dead. I charged it and then it stopped working completely. Factory reset (10 sec hold on pinhole button) causes no reaction. Seems this is another known issue when I search the ring support community.

Less than 1 year in and the system seems to have multiple issues to just stay on and perform normally. :frowning:

I will contact Ring support team. Hopefully they will prove helpful.