Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
D
Solved: Ring doorbell pro - working but showing offline on app
trending
hardwired-video-doorbell
battery-video-doorbell
Hi, My Ring doorbell pro suddenly shows it's offline on the Ring app (it's been working flawlessly for the past 6 months). However, it will still notify me when motion is detected and when the doorbell is rung. Video still records and can be played back. However, because the app is showing it's offline, I can't see a live view from the doorbell. I tried reconnecting the and setting up the device again, but the device still shows it's offline (but still working). Any idea what is going on?

01-06-2020 11:34:38

Responses (65)

I’ve had the same exact issue with mine. I’ve tried everything the only help I get is the simple. Make sure it has power, WiFi works, yatta yatta. If I ever ask for help it’s for this kinda stuff it’s way beyond that! I hope we can get help! Very irritating!

02-06-2020 01:02:21

SN
I have this same issue! I just ordered a new Doorbell Pro to replace this one (it was a refurb model) to see if it fixes the issue. It's so strange... I discovered that while it says it's offline, it will show the video from the Rapid Ring app when someone comes to the door or there is motion. What's also weird, is that if I click on an old Rapid Ring alert, it will open and show video. HOWEVER, if I just open Rapid Ring, it will say it's offline and not show video. I cannot get it to show video in the Ring App whether i get an alert or not.

02-06-2020 03:44:00

S
Trying to set up new ring. Showing connected to WiFi but no live view.

02-06-2020 03:54:32

SN
If you're just now setting up, it may be a different issue than what we're talking about. Our doorbell functions fine, but the app says it's offline and won't let you watch video, but will still give us notifications for motion and rings. Also shows video from Rapid Ring app when there's an alart.

02-06-2020 04:23:15

T
Same issue down here. Shows offline but live view and notifications both are working...don’t know what been up.

11-06-2020 06:03:18

D
I’m see the same as the above, both phones receiving alerts etc, no change to the WiFi. Why have RING given no indication as to whats going on?? I even moved to the Pro wish i hadnt now!

28-10-2020 11:01:29

N
It's funny that the common denominator in all of this is the date (June 1st). Did they send out an upgrade that possibly caused our doorbells to experience this issue. I did purchase the upgraded package because I bought the alarm system. I made changes to my account in the earlier part of May so I figured the issue was relative to my change in service since I also received an email confirming my basic plan had ended. But after reading the post in this forum, I'm not so sure and will be reaching out to RING again.

02-06-2020 08:35:34

S
Same thing happens to mine as well. Rebooted my router and it came back but live view is still hit or miss. Most times just hangs at activating.

02-06-2020 08:47:26

S
Looks like they just went offline again...

02-06-2020 09:16:50

M
I was having exactly the same issue after newly installing my new Pro Doorbell last Friday. It seems it was a network/central issue now solved. See [https://status.ring.com/incidents/t6wspc58w0kv](https://status.ring.com/incidents/t6wspc58w0kv)

02-06-2020 08:47:15

S
Looks like they just went offline again or at least mine is back to showing offline.

02-06-2020 09:17:44

S
I’m having same issue, motion works but live view is out. Online shows know issue and resolved but I’m still haven’t issues with mine showing offline for live view

02-06-2020 10:08:26

D
The issue appears to be unrelated to Ring and most likely an issue with my router. For some reason, my Netgear router was acting "glitchy" and not properly broadcasting my 2.4ghz frequency. I changed the channel, resetted the router, and now am getting a solid signal. If ya'll have a similar issue to mine, give this a try.

02-06-2020 09:51:56

SN
That's odd. Ring has identified an issue that caused this and fixed it last night. It was a network wide issue, so either yours is just a coincidence and very unlucky timing or it wasn't maybe wasn't your router after all. :)

03-06-2020 12:00:53

M
Is this still going on? I just installed a referbished ring pro. It connects and I see it in my router but my app shows offline. As fas as I know I'm not getting any notifications.

05-06-2020 10:31:35

J
I have this issue today in UK on flood light cam. Any others experiencing such ?

25-01-2021 02:04:42

T
Having the same issue with my ring doorbell 2. Just started today. I have rebooted the router and removed the battery from the doorbell, no joy.

19-03-2021 05:21:07

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User