Solar Status - Connected...I don't have a solar charger!

For a long time (a year maybe?) my system has said that my solar charge is connected…yet I don’t have a solar charger! The status even goes on to tell me when the sunlight is too weak to charge (maybe this is just based on weather and/or time of day in my area?). What gives? I’ve never had a solar charger!

Hi @rpf. Have you tried a reset on your Camera? If not, I’d recommend doing so by holding down the setup button on the Camera for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is done, set your Camera back up in the Ring App using the steps under Set Up a Device. This should have it properly register the power source to indicate that there is not a Solar Pannel attached.

If it’s still not displaying correctly after those steps, and you’ve checked that the Ring App and your phone’s OS are updated, then I’d recommend reaching out to our support team at one of the numbers available here so they can take a deeper look. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: