Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
J
User Solution
Closed
Solar ring cam pro
battery-video-doorbell
wireless-security-cameras

Hi, I recently bought a ring cam pro with solar panel. It seems to work as advertised but now it seems the solar panel is not charging the battery. It says connected and the cam is on battery mode. I thought perhaps that the power consumption was more than charging the battery and bought a second battery and installed it in the cam. I have unplugged and plugged the solar panel back in. No change. The position of the solar panel is in direct daylight for at least 4 hours or more per day. I minimize the settings in the cam to lowest battery power. No change. Still the batteries are not charged. What’s next to try?

23-12-2023 09:25:25

Responses (2)

T
User Solution

Hi @JohnBig. During this time of year, it may be difficult for the batteries to charge due to the cold weather outside. If you Solar Panel shows as connected, the batteries should be receiving a trickle charge.

26-12-2023 04:56:42

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

25-01-2024 04:57:38

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User