Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
D
Solar Panel X2 extension cables but not charging
solar-panel
troubleshooting
Hi everyone, I have the Ring Spotlight Battery and Solar panel to charge it. I have had to fit the solar panel at the rear of my house as it's south facing and camera to the front, so I have purchased 2 USB-C extension cables from Ring to connect the 2 devices. But it's not charging??? The app says it plugged in and the icon shows it's charging but battery is still going down. Plenty of sunny days and I've even left the motion detection off to try save battery but no joy. Also tried disconnecting the device and reconnecting it, taking the battery out and charging it manually but still nothing. Help please! Thanks!

02-12-2023 11:58:17

Responses (1)

J
Hi @Dino1992. Thank you for trying to troubleshoot your Camera. Try factory resetting your Camera to see if it helps. To factory reset your Camera press and hold the set-up button on it for 20–25 seconds, then reconnect it to your wifi. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372) a call for further assistance.

04-12-2023 04:54:11

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User