Solar panel not detected!

Hello. I had a Ring Spotlight Pro connected to a ring solar panel. It detected the solar panel in my device health. The spotlight would not come on with motion, though. I did all sorts of troubleshooting and eventually exchanged it.

Now I have the new SpotLight Cam Pro hooked up to the solar panel with 2 batteries but this one wont detect my solar panel. I have reset it numerous times, deleted it from my account, etc. Nothing i do is getting it to detect the solar panel.

I read this thread (posted below) and it was suggested to select Spotlight Cam Pro Solar when adding the device, but i am not given that option when i add a device. I click cameras and it goes directly to scanning my QR code. So i guess maybe i have the wrong firmware. Is there a way i can manually update/change the firmware? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is the post i was refering to;

1 Like

Hi @ChristopherKills. Make sure you have the latest version of the Ring app available from your phone’s app store. When you tap on Set Up a Device in the Ring app and select Security Cameras, you should then be presented with a screen explaining to scan the QR code on your device. Tap “I’m Ready To Scan” and this will bring up the camera to scan the QR code. However, you should see “Other Options” below the camera, which you can tap to select to enter your QR code manually. This gives you a list of the different Security Camera models so you can select Spotlight Cam Pro.

I’m having the same issue. Never was a problem until this year. The latest version of the app is downloaded, chords connected, panel gets 6+ hours of direct sunlight, battery was fully charged at install…still stopped charging.

They claim that too many alerts can drain the battery so change the frequency of motion detection…but it’s like if I can’t use the technology to tell me when motion is detected and to show me the area, then what’s the point of occasional alerts?

Hi @RingMo. I’m not sure which model of Ring Doorbell or Camera you have, or which generation of the Solar Panel you have. I’d recommend reviewing the troubleshooting steps in this Help Center article to see if there is anything you haven’t tried yet. If this concern persists, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Same problem happened to me. Solar panel was the issue. Replaced it and the camera now being charged. There is no removable connection into the panel, it is hardwired. Ring’s advice is to check both connections while there really is only one and that’s into the camera.