Solar Panel Not Charging

Folks,

I have the ring setup now 3-weeks (Ring 3 doorbell) with a solar panel. However, even though the panel is connected and shows it’s connected, the battery doesn’t appear to charge from the Panel.

I researched this before and saw (https://community.ring.com/t5/Video-Doorbells/Solar-Charger-for-Ring-Doorbell-3-Plus/m-p/41574) that it will not charge until level drops below 90%. However today I hit 89%. So something isn’t right.

Suggestions?

Hi @jayok. If today is the first day that your Ring Video Doorbell 3 has reached 89%, I would monitor it for 24 hours to see if you see an upward trend in the battery percentage. Also, take into account the number of events your Doorbell is recording. If you are having 35 or more recording events per day or less than 4 hours of direct sunlight, you might not see a positive change in the battery percentage.

With those things in mind, if you do not see the Solar Panel charging properly, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi Tom - yes, it appears to hover around the 88%-90% mark and sits there. So it all appears good.

Thanks.

1 Like