Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U
Solar panel not charging secirty camera
solar-panel
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras

Hi

I bought a Spotlight Cam Plus with the solar panel in a bundle direct from Ring. I have a previous third gen outdoor camera and solar panel that works fine. But the Spotlight Cam is not charged properly by the solar panel.

I have looked at previous guidance and the panle does get enough sunlight.

The camera battery drains even though the app says the panel is connected and can charge the device. If I reboot the camera then the battery level goes back up to 100% and slowly drains again. So I have this workaround. But I am left wondering why I need to reboot to get it working.

I tried deleteing and reinstalling the device and that hasn’t changed the behaviour either.

Any advice? At the moment it is putting me off buying another spotlight cam. As i say, my older non-spotlight cam and solar panel works fine.

Thanks

16-05-2024 07:10:40

Responses (1)

T

Hi @user82301. What level is the battery draining to? In your Ring app, does the Solar Panel show is connected and charging? How long has this been happeneing?

20-05-2024 02:06:54

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User