Solar floodlight battery status greyed out in app

A couple of days ago I started seeing that the battery status of my solar floodlight is greyed out
on the solar floodlight page in the app. Also in device health the battery levels show in red.
Current battery level in 85% today,90% yesterday. Any insight into what is going on here.

Thanks
Alan

Hi @user34083. Would you be able to share a screenshot of this? If so, I can share it with my team so we can try to get to the bottom of this. Thanks, neighbor.

It gets even crazier. What I am seeing depends on the battery level. Below 80% the status turns to yellow from grayed out. I don’t think a 78% battery level should be yellow.

Thanks for looking.
Alan

When the battery level goes above 80% it goes back to greyed out.

I am facing similar issue with the solar pathlight. I have six of them. All six are showing same issue. I am attaching screenshot for reference. So the icon is grayed out and the battery percentage is written in red color even its 100% charged.

Here is screenshot of battery percentage in red.

Just some history from my phone.

When I first posted this issue the Ring App software was listed as
version 3.55.1, Google Play listed it as updated Dec 16, 2022.

A couple days ago the Ring App was update to
version 3.56, GP listed it as updated Jan 5, 2023.

Alan

Me too it has been happening for maybe a couple of weeks. I just uninstalled app and reinstalled but same thing (since sometimes app device infomation can be glitchy for a second). There is no more green for battery level. Only greyed out/cross out on battery for 100% (which is red) and yellow battery level for anything 70% range or below.

Hey neighbors. I’ve shared this information with my team, and they are currently looking into this concern. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. If you have any questions in the meantime, don’t hesitate to ask.

Same issue here, I have 2 solar floodlight with 2 batteries each. Attached a screenshot

Another screenshot

Hey,

After an update to version 3.57 (Google Play shows update 2.21.2023) yesterday I am seeing
a change in status displays. It does not appear to be fixed, just a change it battery status.

After updating I restarted my phone and saw no difference in battery status.
On the Solar Floodlights page both batteries where grayed out. On the Device health page both batteries where about 85% and showed red.

This morning I see a change for one of the batteries(Battery 1) that had dropped to 79%.
It now showed green in both the Solar Floodlights page and Device Health.
Battery 2 still at 85% was still grayed out on Solar Floodlights page and red status on Device Health page.

Maybe we are finally seeing progress on this issue.

Alan

Hi All,

Just upgraded phone app to 3.58. So far it looks like the battery status issue
on both the Solar Floodlights page and Device Health page seems to be fixed.

Hey neighbors, this issue has been resolved with an app update. For anyone still experiencing this, please ensure you have the latest version of the Ring app downloaded from the app store on your phone. If that doesn’t fix this for you, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.