Solar connected spotlight battery cam - both fully charged batteries dead in a day

As noted, I charged both batteries on Sunday, cleaned and changed the solar panel orientation and Tuesday morning the batteries are reading 0% and 6%. I read about the cold affecting the battery life but I have four other battery cams not connected to solar that are holding their own. I’m in Michigan, where it is in the teens and twenties.

Hi @ppeplinski. You are correct, the cold weather can definitely be a factor here. As batteries age, their ability to hold a charge is diminished. How old are the batteries you have? Also, the RSSI of the camera can also have a role in your battery life. A weak signal will cause your batteries to work harder than normal. You can find your RSSI in the Device Health section of the Ring app. If neither of these seem to be what’s affecting your battery, I suggest reaching out to our support team to further diagnose this concern. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I recently bought a RingPro 2 Doorbell, a Spotlight Cam Plug-in, and a Spotlight Cam Battery with a Solar Panel. Everything works fine except the Battery Powered Spotlight Cam does not like the cold weather(I live in Idaho). In the winter time we have the cold but we also have many days where we get no direct sunlight for the Solar Panel. I really think there should be warnings on the packages for these devices that they do not work well in this type of weather. I’m going to try and return my Spotlight Cam Battery w/Solar Panel and get another Spotlight Cam Plug-in ,even though it means I will have to do some electrical work to get an electrical plug close to where I plug it in.