Solar charger showing as hardwired

I’ve got a Ring Video doorbell (2nd gen) and a solar charger The solar charger has never worked, but when I checked the device health last week it showed a solar charger tab, which it never had before. I have a Ring security camera with a solar charger which works perfectly, and it has always displayed the solar charger as being connected keeping the battery at 100%. Anyway, I charged the battery in the doorbell and reconnected it, and it now shows the power source as ‘Hardwired’. It is not hardwired but only connected to the solar charger - totally confused?!

2 Likes

Hi @JeffD1. We have some troubleshooting tips for the Solar Charger here that may help. You can also try disconnecting the Solar Charger, making sure there is no dirt or debris on it, and reconnecting it. If that doesn’t do the trick, reset the Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After that, set it back up in the Ring App with the steps under Set Up a Device. If the Solar Charger still does not show as connected during daylight hours, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for assistance with more advanced troubleshooting. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Hi. New here and need advice please.
Original gen1 doorbell with connected solar charger developed a fault and RING kindly replaced both with new gen2 ones.
My app is now telling me my doorbell battery is hardwired? Obviously it’s not so how do I get it to recognise the solar charger is there etc. I have refreshed the app, also uninstalled and reinstalled but still with the same result. My bell thinks it’s hardwired when it’s not!! Help appreciated please :blush:

1 Like

Hi there, @Hazel151! Check out Caitlyn_Ring’s suggestions above to see if they will improve this experience, with your Ring app Device Health. Despite seeing this hardwired indication, is your Video Doorbell still charging as normal? Feel free to let us know if those steps worked for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe that because your doorbell is connected to the solar charger that’s why it’s saying it’s hard wired mine says the same thing and it’s staying charged so I wouldn’t worry about it :smiley:

1 Like

Mine shows the same only when it gets to 100% charged. When it gets to below 98% it shows solar power.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.