Solar charger not cutting it

I installed my Ring doorbell 3 on Wednesday including you solar charger. Apparently even though the charger was in full sunlight all 5 days, the battery continues to discharge. I have since ordered the following and would like to verify it’s ability to keep my doorbell working. Also, do I leave the battery installed with the transformer running the doorbell. TIA

Amazon.com: Power Supply Adapter for The Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell 2, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Zmodo Smart Greet Video Doorbell, eufy Security Doorbell, and Arlo Doorbell by Wasserstein: Electronics

1 Like

Sorry to hear about that, @cyberwasp. The hours of direct sunlight is definitely the main standard to obtain for intended results, however, there are other factors worth considering for optimal effectiveness. If battery is draining as quickly as a solar charge can be applied, the charge would not be noticed, of course. Even when using a hardwired solution, this same concept should be applied to ensure you are getting the most out of your Doorbell battery.

In regards to using a power supply with battery powered Doorbells, an 8 to 24v AC rated power supply will certainly work to provide a charge. When looking for a plug in adapter that is designed to work best with your Doorbell, we recommend our Plug-In Adapter found on the accessories page at Ring.com. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: