Solar charger never worked, still shows as connected when it is 100% disconnected, still have serious battery drain

I made the mistake of getting the solar charger for my 3 Plus. Well, it never worked. When I had it connected, all it did was assist in rapid drain. I went from over a month and a half of battery life to barely 2 weeks of battery life when the solar “charger” was installed. I finally had enough and disconnected the “charger” completely from the doorbell- absolutely no physical contact with it in any way whatsoever. Also did a total reset. It’s still showing as being connected.

Can someone please tell me what to do about this? I’m tired of the rapid drain. All settings are on recommended. This is ridiculous.

Hi @Hooby. Would you mind reaching out to our support team on this? If you’ve fully disconnected the Solar Charger, a full reset plus a fresh setup in the Ring App should reflect that the Solar Charger is no longer connected. When doing the reset, make sure you’re holding the setup button down on the Doorbell for at least 20 seconds. After that, you can set it back up in the Ring App and trigger a test event to check and make sure the Solar Charger isn’t showing connected. If it is, our support team can assist with taking a closer look to see what may be going on.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to report back on what resolution they recommend as well, since it can help other neighbors with a similar concern. :slight_smile: