Solar Cam Repeatedly Going Offline!

I have a 3+ year old battery spotlight camera on solar that will not stay connect to Wi-Fi.

I installed a new mesh network (from Google Wi-Fi to Nighthawk), reinstalled all cams (6 total) back onto network without issue. Problem started after this. Has disconnected at least 4 times, and will always reconnect when button pressed on top and using app to bring back on line. Goes through ‘software update’ each time too. Connection lasts about 24 hours or less, until it goes off line again.

Battery is 100%. Last RSSI was 59; RSSI on working battery/solar cam immediately adjacent to this one is 58. There is a wired cam in the garage about 15’ away that also has no issues. Cam is about 10’ off ground, is shielded but faces morning sun.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi @Sandibatch. Is the Spotlight Cam connected on a 2.4GHz or 5.0GHz network? If it’s on the latter, I’d recommend swapping to a 2.4GHz network as this will provide a more stable connection that reaches farther while still having sufficient speeds. If it is already on a 2.4GHz network, then you may want to try resetting the Camera completely. I know you have reconnected it to wifi already, but you can perform a full reset by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. You’ll then need to walk it through a new setup in the Ring App after this. I hope these suggestions are helpful. :slight_smile: