snooze??

i used to be able to snooze the ring doorbell and floodlights and it would keep quiet from alerting me when the landscapers are here. Now even when snooze, its alerting me when theres motions alerts. did anything change??

Hi @fondoo. What are you doing to snooze your motion alerts? I want to ensure you are following the proper steps to snooze the notifications. At this time, you can set your cameras in a particular mode to disable the devices from recording motion, which would turn off these notifications too. In addition, you can do a motion snooze from the device’s profile for a certain time frame, but after that allotted time, you may see notifications come back if you do not snooze them again.

I have landscapers come over ever week and i used to be able to snooze and it would keep quiet but now it keeps telling me it detects motion alert when I’ve already enabled snooze.

@fondoo Could you try removing the Ring app from your phone, rebooting your phone and then reinstalling the Ring app? This may help with any complications you were having with the Motion Alerts being snoozed. The max amount of time that you can snooze the motion alerts is going to be for 4 hours, but the default when selecting Motion Snooze is 2 hours, so if you were expecting it to be 4 hours, please ensure you drag it over to this time. Lastly, I would consider switching to the “Disarm” Mode when the landscapers are over, as this will turn the camera off during this time for Live View and Motion Detection, especially if you feel no need to get alerts of them or have them recorded.

I just uninstalled/reinstalled the app and theres clearly nothing wrong with the app. There must have something changed with this new mode settings. It looks like it has it set to AWAY as the default mode. Even with Snooze set to 2hrs when the landscapers are here, it still SCREAMS at me that motion is detected.

mode setting is set to disabled and it still SCREAMS motion is detected when snoozed.

@fondoo Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know! The behavior that you have described is not as intended. Could you please reach out to our support team to have them take a deeper look into your account for you? Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how the call goes, as your answer my help other neighbors! :slight_smile: