Snooze Motion - multiple devices

I have a Ring Doorbell and a Ring Floodlight at my back door. When I mow the lawn I would like to snooze the motion alerts so it doesn’t trigger the cameras a dozen or so times during my efforts. The problem is, I have to snooze on my phone, my wife’s phone, then her tablet and finally my tablet. This is a nuisance. Can someone explain why the “Snooze motion on all cameras” has incomplete labeling? It should be called “Snooze motion on all cameras but only on this device”. In general I like the Ring design, but I cannot for the life of me understand why this setting is only applied to a single device rather than every device associated with this account. This is a design failure.

I realize uninstalling it on our tablets is probably the best move to minimize the “noise,” but my phone isn’t always nearby when I am in the house. The problem still exists that we have to snooze it on multiple phones.

1 Like

Hey @TechNut. Thank you so much for your feedback on this situation! I will make sure to pass this and your experience onto the appropriate teams, as we are always trying to make things better for our neighbors. You are indeed correct in the assumption that the snooze of these notifications that you are preferring are only for the Application itself on that specific phone, and therefore everyone would need to be preforming the snooze to get a complete snooze that you are looking for. The solution that I think would work best for you is to utilize our new Modes feature. If you do not care to see yourself mowing your lawn or anything else, you can “Disarm” your Ring Doorbell(s)/Camera(s) at any time to disable motion detection, which will then disable the alerts as well. Let me know if that works for you! :slight_smile:

While I think your solution will mostly solve my frustration, the mode button may need a duration feature, like the Snooze option. My concern is that I will disarm it while performing yard work, then forget to set the mode back to “home” once I have completed my efforts.

2 Likes

We understand and will pass along your concerns and suggestions. Thank you

I did learn through trial and error that I had to go into settings and configure each of the modes. It now works pretty well for my needs, but it also emphasized my wish to put a time limit on it as I discovered it still disabled this afternoon after about 4 hours.

It would also be nice if there was a way to disable just one device. I have some open doors in the summer to dissipate heate in our west-facing garage. I would like to put a camera in there, but only during the hottest summer months when it is open until 10:30 or so. Just sort of thinking out loud on this one as my wife and I had been discussing this idea, but abandoned it because we didn’t want it to go off all winter when our garage was closed up and we went out to use the treadmill.

1 Like

Same problem. So I have to change mode at 3am to walk thru my dining room so my son, who is a authorized user, who lives in Ca, won’t get a notification. How Mickey Mouse is that? I’m sorry I invested in this company. I’d switch if I wasn’t so heavily invested.

I actually prefer the settings to apply to just each device. We have cameras around our elderly mom’s home and and we are in various parts of the state. If I snooze a camera, i don’t want it to affect anyone else’s settings.